TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- One thing you can say about Trump -- he is loyal.
- Doesn't seem right that you could commit a crime and then get off scot-free.
- Tiger King star Joe Exotic must be disappointed this morning waking in his prison cell just the same as he will for the next 21 years.
- Trump brought the drama right up to the end of his term.
- He chose not to pardon members of his family or his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.
Donald Trump spent his final night in the White House pardoning his political allies and some high-profile rappers.
Included in the final purge of 143 people is steve Bannon, the ex-Trump campaign CEO and executive chairman of Breitbart. Bannon and Trump had been on the outs since he was the source for quotes in the 2018 book Fire & Fury about his presidency and his adult children. Bannon was waiting to go to trial in a federal case in which he allegedly swindled more than $1 million as part of a crowd-funding plan for a border wall.
Also pardoned late Tuesday was Lil Wayne, who was busted for felony gun possession while he was on parole. Wayne endorsed Trump and posed for a photo with him just prior to the election.
Kodak Black, another rapper busted for weapons charges, was also pardoned. (New Yorkmagazine)